Welcome to the Lemontree3 giveaway! Our first giveaway item comes from Anita at MonkeyMindDesign09. I wanted to properly introduce you guys so here are Anita’s responses to the questions I threw her way:
1. How and when did you start up your etsy shop?
“In October 2009, I decided to leave the ad agency world. It’s been about a year and a half, how time flies. I needed a change… a creative change that is. I went into a local boutique full of Etsy artists and was blown away. I had never heard of Etsy. Naturally I was curious and immediately jealous, they were doing what I’ve always wanted to do. So, I decided to go for it! Best decision I’ve ever made for my creative spirit.”
2. What’s your favorite part about owning your own business?
“I love the creative freedom. It’s all up to me… love that! But, on the other hand, I am my hardest critic. I guess that’s because I have high expectations. I also love the interaction with customers and receiving their positive feedback. It makes all the creative doubts and struggles worth it. So grateful for the business journey I’ve had and ready for more!”
3. What are your top summer sellers?
“My summer BBQ and party invitations have been doing well. I would also have to say, the daisy note cards are the next best sellers this summer. And for the second year in a row, I had an amazing Father’s Day season. So many features and sales.”
4. What advice would you give to people who want to start their own business/etsy shop?
“‘Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try,’ Unknown Source.
Welcome change and believe in yourself. Take it one step at a time and don’t be afraid to put yourself out there. Take time to get to know the Etsy community, they are the best support system you’ll find for your new endeavours. Especially if you’re like me, working from home and working by myself. Go into the forums and read all you can. Everyone is so willing to help and share their success tips. Don’t get overwhelmed with taking photos. Like everything, it takes practice. Finally, breathe, and remember to enjoy the journey!”
5. What are three things you’re determined to do this summer?
1) Spend as much time as I can outside with my daughter, hubby and dogs.
2) Get some new and awesome creative listed. Well, hoping it’s awesome.
3) Work on my studio space, I need to take this creative think tank to the next level.
Thanks for sharing, Anita! I love her stuff. She’s got awesome customizable invitations, notecards, postcards and greeting cards, calendars, matchbook notepads and prints. Her designs are modern and clean while being endearing and colorful.
And thankfully, she was gracious enough to offer up her International Thank You Speech Bubble Note Cards to one lucky reader!
Here are the ways you can enter to win:
Here’s how to enter to win:
1. Answer this quesiton: What is your favorite item from Anita’s shop? (1 entry- required to win)
2. Follow our blog or subscribe to it in your reader. Leave a comment telling us that you’ve done so. (1 entry)
3. Tweet/Status update about this giveaway. (1 entry) Examples:
4. Blog about our giveaway and leave a comment letting us know that you did so!
Easy as that. Up to FOUR entries per person for the duration of the giveaway.
The winner will be announced on MONDAY JULY 4th!